Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend Getaway

This weekend G and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary. First time ever leaving Emma overnight...and I only called my mom twice! Now I understand why people talk about time flying. It's going by so fast!

We went to the Inn on Mill Creek for the second time...loooove it there. Its super reasonably priced, quaint, clean, and right near Black Mountain. Dave cooks the best breakfasts for the guests. Sausage quiche...pumpkin waffles...so yummy. Garrett found this little slice of heaven a few years ago for my Christmas gift. I enjoyed it then, but even more this time.


I realized how important it is to MAKE yourself have getaways after you have babies. You are thrown into parenthood, and contrary to what others think, it doesnt "stop" when you need a break. Babies and houses are a 24 hour job! :) A good job, but everyone needs a sigh of relief from responsibilities every now and then.

We ate at some amazing places. My favorite was the restaurant at the peak of Mt. Mitchell. You dine at a full glass wall of 6,000 ft elevation views...and yes, the leaves were changing up that high! 


We were in heaven. Maybe one day G and I will cruise Mt. Mitchell in his 1967 pickup truck...


So to all my friends who are in the same "mom" boat as me...make yourself get away even if its for the day! If you dont have a babysitter, we will find you one. ;)

You can follow the Inn at Mill Creek on facebook, and also Bridgette has a blog where she posts recipes!


Heres little Luke at 6 1/2 months :) such a sweet boy, I can tell already. 


No comments:

Post a Comment