Friday, September 12, 2014

Freeze frame time

It seems like yesterday that I was counting kicks, watching what I lifted, and waiting for little Emma to arrive into the world. Little did I know, this past year would be both the hardest and most amazing all at the same time.

There's nothing anyone can say to fully prepare you for being a parent. Don't get me wrong,  advice is great, and you can glean from it....but its nothing compared to the real nights by yourself with a screaming kid. Its seriously like your world, as you know it, is turned completely around. But I catch myself staring at her sometimes and being marveled by her beauty and God's perfect design.

How is it that time flies so fast once you have a baby? Before her I feel like it poked along...and now each month is right after the next. Call me that nostalgic sappy mom...but its kind of sad to know this is her last month as a "baby".  She is on her way to being a toddler...which, dont get me wrong, is way more fun...just not as snuggly ;) 

Happy 11 months spunky Emma...we love you so much and couldn't imagine life without you. Its hard to believe in over 3 months you'll have a brother! 

To all my "soon to be parent" friends, a word of advice, soak it up...even the sleepless nights...because soon you'll wish you could freeze frame time. :) 
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/rhyder-brandon/freeze-frame-time-23707.html

No comments:

Post a Comment