Monday, September 8, 2014

Homemade Jumbalaya

Made my own recipe tonight for Garretts birthday-eve and oh my was it good!!! Good enough to share :) I made it up myself so tweek it however youd like. I try to buy fresh or organic when I can, if I did it is noted...and it was on sale if I bought it ;)

Cook 1 3/4 c jasmine rice (I buy organic at target), this is on the package and takes about 40 min, but it doesnt need stirred, just set a timer.

About 10 min before rice is done sautee:
- 1.5 tbs organic refined coconut oil (or reg oil) Refined means it wont taste like coconut!
- 1/3 c chopped onion
- 1/3 c chopped green pepper
- andouli sausage (I use the fresco all natural chicken sausage, at harris teeter, watch for sales!
-fresh garlic, salt, pepper to taste
- pampered chef creole spice (2.5 tbs) or substitute 3/4 tbs chili powder, 3/4 tbs paprika, and 1/4 tbs cumin

Sautee until peppers and onions are golden/tender.

Add rice and 1 large can tomatoes. Now...I used Mawmaw Dots homemade canned tomates. They were the perfect consistency.  If buying store bought Id get petite cut, and make sure you dont drain!

Sautee for about 8 min and let rest. Enjoy, it was approved by the hubs and not a nasty boxed meal...aka rice a roni. :)

Emma also approved of the plain jasmine rice with carrots and cinnamon.  And right now Luke approves of the meal...he is kicking like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment