Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hippie Mama

Whenever I bring up natural remedies or organic health in our house Garrett just smiles...and I know what he is thinking. "This crazy wife of mine." :) I have lovingly earned the nickname "hippie" in our house. Hippie or not...the proof is in the product. And I have to say, I love natural remedies if they truly work.

I am not the type of person who is against all modern medicines, but I am very hesitant. Have I taken my fair share of medicines, yes! But I believe now that by the power of the word, and the power of natural ingredients God gave us...there are better options. After much research we DO give our kids shots, we DO use tylenol sometimes....so I guess the term hippie doesnt fully apply to me :) However, I will share with you what has helped Emmas cold turn around:

1.) Prayer. We pray in this house with the power given to us in scripture. We do not accept illness, in Jesus name!

2.) Herbs for Kids Immunity Booster: available at simply goods in downtown Salisbury.  It stinks and tastes nasty, but I add it to her food or bottle!

3.) Essential oils: very important that they are natural, therapeutic grade oils. That means no fillers or additives. I got Emma a mix of lavender (calming for sleep), peppermint,  and eucalyptus.  I rub it on her feet added to unrefined coconut oil and put socks on. Be careful with peppermint oil, it will tingle on sensitive skin. Then I put eucalyptus oil behind her ears to keep eustasean tubes open. No ear infections for us!

We also make a mix of the oils and water/coconut oil for a scentsy pot in her room. Makes a decongestant that smells lovely! (Though Garrett would beg to differ...haha!)

Hopefully this can help others with their colds this winter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment